This is not going to be one of my more philosophical blog entries. In fact this one is purely a memory I like to think of when times get tough. It is still more fun to describe the scene then to tell it so I will paint the picture =).
Three figures lie on hardwood floor. In the air hangs the aroma of steak with mashed potatoes from only hours ago. The only sound that can be heard is of the small sand egg timer as the grains unbiasedly drain as though signifying how even the best moments have to have an end. In this moment the biggest change would be incited by nothing more than two letter wooden letters. E-R. One of the figures, a woman, motions to to board that her turn has ended and all that befalls this stage is silence.
"What the hell type of desperation move is that?" yells the man on the opposite end of the woman. Laughter breaks out and this moment of brother, sister, and brother-in-law becomes a moment of genuine comfort. Her defense, "Its E-R-R, you know like "To err is human"". Cris and I sit in a silence broken only by the rising storm of laughter as our incredulity forces us to start throwing the letters she had precariously placed back at her and try to call her on her supposed bluff. It was a fun moment because it showed how beautiful it was to have a sense of unity. The concept that we shared a family moment was more than I could forget.
Without surprise I have loved the game of Scrabble since that day.
Also since then I have felt very connected to Cris as if her were my real genuine brother. We were infinitely bonded together like Ernie and George from the Lopez show. Destined to make fun of each other and always still care bout each other in the weirdest way possible.
This is partly for my sis and other half for my coolest friend....Cris =)
1 comment:
Great painting of what happened that night...even though you two double teamed me, I had the last laugh. I'll make sure Cris reads this when he gets home. <3
Post a Comment